Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had several requests and now it's here!! :)

I've never ridden any of the other KLR/KLX models, but for those that are in the know, or want to know, this is the spot!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes... its nice to have a place to discuss my klr250 finally! It is a fun little run-around bike when not on my 09 650. Easy to work on, too!

·
Administrator
8,262 Posts
Phaedrus12 -

That is one nice looking 600! Very clean!

T

·
Administrator
8,262 Posts
bumpety bump

·
Registered
3 Posts
my KL... 7700 miles, not the only one though!

I've always wanted a KL with a kickstarter for those cold NE nights, guess I should invest in a battery tender eh?:50:

·
Administrator
8,262 Posts
If I could find the parts, I'd convert my '08 to a kick starter.

T

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Avatar

the avatar in my profile might be up for sale soon, it would be a little easier to convert back I think. But That one is my daily rider, it's got some miles on it.

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
I've always wanted a KL with a kickstarter for those cold NE nights, guess I should invest in a battery tender eh?:50:
Yeah, me too. Hell, even the 49cc Chinese scooter I bought for my wife has electric and kick start, not to mention side and center stands.

I really don't know why the manufacturers of the "Big Three" Japanese dual-sports won't incorporate a backup kick-starter along with the electric. I wouldn't care if mine had kick-start only and would actually prefer it.

I've never seen much of anything about the KLR starter motor being an issue, but the battery itself is always a weak link in that chain.

I guess I'm just old and an afficionado of the old maxim: "KISS" Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Plus, it's just a lot more satisfying to straddle a bike and kick it to life rather than punching a button on the handlebars. I feel it "connects" you to the machine: you're using your own power to make it run, then it returns the favor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts