Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been excruciating waiting for temps above feezing, what with a brand new KLR in the garage with no miles on it.. but it finally got above 50 today and the roads are melted. Went for a 3 hour cruise on the new one. A couple of things come to mind, none of which will surprise KLR veterans, I am sure:

1. the stock seat is too soft, and after an hour you are sitting on the frame :(

2. This bike is more fun than any other I have owned (and I have owned a good number over the last 30+ years.

3. I spent hours exploring little bitty broken pavement and then dirt / mud roads within spitting distance of my house, roads I didn't even know were there before. Too cool.

4. In the mud running road levels of air pressure sucks. I need one of those tiny air compressors so I can air down and then back up easily? Do they make one that can plut into my Battery Tender leads - that would just be too sweet!

5. I should have bought one of these years ago..!

That is all!

·
Administrator
8,368 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks perfect. I can install the pre-wire on the KLR and just use the alligator clips on my sport bike since its' battery is accessible under the seat. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts