Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 KLR 650 Black (fastest)

Been looking for a while and finally pulled the trigger. A ton of bike for the money. I can't wait to get her out in the dirt. (have to install some crash guards first).

I'll post the gratuitous pics when I get my post count up,....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congrats! Where did you end up finding your black stallion? Where is the ride you have selected to start the long relationship?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats! Where did you end up finding your black stallion? Where is the ride you have selected to start the long relationship?
Thanks. I picked it up at FBC in Kearny Mesa. It was a pretty painless experience (except for writing the check :)).

I'm going to start out on some light fire roads to get used to her on the dirt. I'll ask the guys on the local adventure riders forum about some moderate rides. Or if you have some suggestions,....

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would think taking Black canyon Rd from Magnolia Rd in Ramona, it will take you to Mesa Grande, a lot of it mello dirt road, beautiful scenery. Then come back through Santa Ysabel. I am really trying to find a way to get a ride, I look forward to one day riding together. What is the local adventure forum you mentioned?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would think taking Black canyon Rd from Magnolia Rd in Ramona, it will take you to Mesa Grande, a lot of it mello dirt road, beautiful scenery. Then come back through Santa Ysabel. I am really trying to find a way to get a ride, I look forward to one day riding together. What is the local adventure forum you mentioned?
I'll check it out, thanks. The forum is San Diego Adventure Riders (dualsport-sd dot com).

Good luck with the bike search. It looks like used KLRs are few around here. From what I see, the new ones are still selling, so it was tough getting a reasonable price. I'll keep my eyes open.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Us Cali dudes might thro a party u guys wana come?
Maybe the desert when its in the 80 90 temp range t shirt weather ??
Any takers??

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think we have missed the 80-90 weather in the desert until the fall. Which is ok for me as I am still in the hunt for a ride. Good to see a so-cal group surfacing. Charlie I will check out the site, thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts