Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
4,017 Posts
Under warranty? Don't even try unless it's an obvious flaw in the tire.

Reactions: pdwestman

·
Administrator
4,017 Posts
Do a forum search. You can make the rims tubeless with a little sweat equity.

Reactions: pdwestman

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR 650 Adventure
44 Posts
My rear went flat too at around 243 miles. I didn't even bother calling....just sprung for a new tube. Maybe the same dude put both our back tires together!

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
I'll ask, where were the leaks/holes in the inner tubes & why? Can you supply a pic?

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR 650 Adventure
44 Posts
I'll ask, where were the leaks/holes in the inner tubes & why? Can you supply a pic?
Sorry I can't. I gave the tire a thorough once over and saw nothing that might have punctured the tube. I do "believe" it was leaking since day 1 as it lost a couple pounds in the first couple days. Since at the time it had around 100 miles on it I never expected an issue. I then rode it to work (120 miles round trip - all interstate) and when I got home it was leaking like a sieve....probably like his! lol.....Anyway since all my most recent bikes have been tubeless I just took it to my local shop and had them throw a new tube in for me. I didn't ask them if they saw anything in the tube. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,977 Posts
As far as tubeless goes; I've always considered tubes to be superior for bikes used offroad.....if you've ever tried to reseat a bead on a tubeless tire in the bush, you'll know why plus if there is minor damage to the tire, it will still work. If you do decide on tubeless, I'd employ a method that still allows you to adjust the spokes....

Dave

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I’ll pack a extra tube and the tools. It was a ez job but the hardest part to changing the tube was reinstalling the wheel. The spacers kept falling out of place due the angle using that support under the swing arm. Wish I had a center stand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts