Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the closeouts on First Gear Fuel pants at several sites for under $90. I've never owned a pair of street britches and am interested. I have a FG Trekker jacket and have been very pleased with it.

The questions:

Who has used them and wuddya think?

The listed inseams are a tad short for me but I recall seeing that they are about 2" longer than listed. :?:

How do they hold up in weather? Hot, cold, rain?

Easy on / easy off?

Good for overpants or worn alone? Or both?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
990 Posts
they don't say they're water proof? deal killer for me.

i've got one of the other first gear pants. they do run 2 inches longer than normal 34=36. aside from having 6 broken zippers they have been great. i will buy first gear again,these pants have seen a bazillion miles so i'm not faulting them.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have both First Gear HT Air Overpants and the Regular Overpants for winter. My HT Air's I got as a 34" Tall inseam and the knees don't fit where they belong, unless I stuff the legs into my boots, and only in a sitting position. I don't recall ever crashing in a perfect sitting position.

The second pair I got were 32" and they fit a little more snugly than I thought they should. OK, I've got Track Runner Legs, but still... I couldn't imagine them if I hadn't got the Overpant model. Now that I'm used to them, I feel naked if my riding pants are loose. I'd rather the pads stay in one place in a "Get Off". Being a 32, they are slightly shorter, but who are we fooling here... they are either in the boots or over the boots. I really need a 33" or a 32" Tall to be perfect, but this ain't a fashion show.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just ordered some Tourmaster Venture pants from New Enough. $98 shipped. I'll let you know how they do after next weekend where they get the test at TDP.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So I lied a little bit ;) New enough can't get the venture pants for a while, I had to switch to the Caliber pants. They look better, but the poly isn't as thick :(

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got my Caliber pants in. I guess they get the review at TDP this weekend. So far, they fit great on the bike, just a little long off the bike. they look very well made and thought out. I was gonna bring some coveralls to the mtns, but if I get cold in these pants I need to grow a pair of pistachios, they are downright toasty with the lining in :)

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
iyaoyas98 said:
Got my Caliber pants in. I guess they get the review at TDP this weekend. So far, they fit great on the bike, just a little long off the bike. they look very well made and thought out. I was gonna bring some coveralls to the mtns, but if I get cold in these pants I need to grow a pair of pistachios, they are downright toasty with the lining in :)
Good to hear. I got a pair two hours before leaving for Redding Tech & Adventure Days and they did not fit. Too fat. I need to return them and get a XL pair. Sure could have used them on the I-5 trips to and from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts