Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 KLR 650 base
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OOPS today. Went from grass to sidewalk at my house, rear tire caught a 3 inch lip on the cement, spun, went sideways a bit, then hooked onto cement and lunged forward. lost control, and got out of the way to let the bike fall, because I didn't want to get squished between it and a fence. (I'm a little guy, 145lbs 5'8")
I cant get the bike up myself, so went and got my neighbor and he helped me pick it up. Upon inspection i scraped, and cracked both front side plastics. Just bought some plastic welding stuff, so about to take it apart and get these cracks fixed so they don't spread. Aside from these two pictures, no other damage was noted.
Sad for a minute, but I remembered its a KLR and not a show bike.

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2009 KLR 650
65 Posts
I cracked one of my cowlings on my bike and discovered that it was made out of ABS plastic. So, I bought some ABS cement and fixed it. A little touch up paint and you can't really notice the damage.

From the looks of your pic, that could be ABS as well.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650 - Fully loaded
455 Posts
I have, but at 450 lbs, and the state of my back (had back surgery a couple years ago) i tried to pick it up once and there was just no way.
That’ll be a big problem if your riding solo and there’s nobody around to help you pick up the bike.
Check out YouTube. There’s a few tutorial videos on how to pick up a motorcycle from the ground. You’ll be able to do it fairly easy once you get the technique down.

Reactions: KBear and Hvymax

·
Premium Member
2022 KLR 650 base
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’ll be a big problem if your riding solo and there’s nobody around to help you pick up the bike.
Check out YouTube. There’s a few tutorial videos on how to pick up a motorcycle from the ground. You’ll be able to do it fairly easy once you get the technique down.
Just saw a new way to lift it that's easy on the back on you tube. Ill give it a shot later on when my neighbor is home so we can gently lay it down on the grass.

Ghetto plastics repair almost complete.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have, but at 450 lbs, and the state of my back (had back surgery a couple years ago) i tried to pick it up once and there was just no way.
Lift with your legs. Little girls can pick them up. Glad I can still just curl mine up. I had to do the walk it up backwards thing once when it was upside down on a hillside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts