Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did my first out of town trip on the klr. With all the physical distancing I figured going to meet a buddy and going for a ride was pretty safe. We live about 3 hrs apart so we met in the middle. Did some main highway riding and secondary roads. It was a good day for a ride. Left at 9 am and got back to the house at around 4 pm. No sit in restaurants are open now so we took the bikes through the drive through at A&W. Very little wind on the early part of the run however there was a lot on the way home. Hit the highway from the house until I made it to the first small community outside of my city then I did secondary highways that connected the small villages along my route. My max speed I was travelling was about 120km/hr and I would say the average was 90-100km/hr. The bike ran wonderfully. I have to say I am very happy with the work that i have done to the bike. The fork brace, and steering head adjustment made a huge difference. Only complaint I have is my butt got really sore. It’s a stock seat on a 2006. A new seat or seat concepts seat isn’t in the budget right now. I really have to say Iove my KLR. Any advice on an inexpensive way to deal with the seat would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
..... Only complaint I have is my butt got really sore. It’s a stock seat on a 2006. A new seat or seat concepts seat isn’t in the budget right now. I really have to say Iove my KLR. Any advice on an inexpensive way to deal with the seat would be greatly appreciated.
Riding on it 2 hrs a day, 6 days a week did the trick for me. I think my butt conforms to the seat now :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that’s something I think I will have to try 😊. Any excuse to get out and ride works for me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol he didn’t go on about the Martians. I wonder if what everyone here uses, other than of course buying a better saddle.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Cslang77,

Have a look at Tim 2 Wheels' Youtube videos. I think he did a video on modifying the seat with some foam.

I have a Sargent seat, and it was a good investment. Stock seat on my 2014 was good for about 100 miles, then discomfort sets in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts