Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already learned a lot from this forum, so thanks to the administrators and contributors. I bought a 2007 KLR-650 with 14k miles. Doohicky has been done. Carb rebuilt. I know the original owner. I bought new Anakee Michelin III tires since I'm using it for street only right now. I have a lot to do to get it just "right," but that's part of the fun of it. It's missing a lot of factory screws for the trim pieces, so I'll be replacing everything with stainless since I live on an island. I'm going to track down a service manual with the screw specifications so that I don't have to do a bunch of trial and error. Overall, loving the bike and the experience.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,179 Posts
No need for a service manual to get the screw sizes. Search this forum for online parts diagrams. Those show what screws/bolts go where and their sizes. An outfit on eBay sells a complete set of SS screws for about $50. I forget their name at the moment, but the search function is your friend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No need for a service manual to get the screw sizes. Search this forum for online parts diagrams. Those show what screws/bolts go where and their sizes. An outfit on eBay sells a complete set of SS screws for about $50. I forget their name at the moment, but the search function is your friend.
Thanks PeteK. I'll check out the ebay option as it will give me some leftovers. \
Jeffrey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts