Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought an old KLR and I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. I look forward to learning a lot and doing as much wrenching on it I can. I live on a little island in the maritimes called Prince Edward Island ( Canada ) so I am patiently waiting for the snow to melt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought a 1998 in pretty good condition. Cosmetically good just needs fork seals and a little tune up and I'm good to go. I just got it in January so I'm really looking forward to the upcoming season. We've had record breaking snowfall this year so I have a bit of a wait to ride it. I plan on doing most of the work myself so I really appreciate the help I'm getting from the forum.

·
Premium Member
7,037 Posts
A person can fill some time doing mods, especially to a Gen1. Mine has 101 modifications and have still to do Paul Westman's oiling system mods. :-0
Are you going to count that mod as One, or SIX, Normk?
1st oil pipe banjo bolt, cylinder head/camshaft banjo bolt, transmission Banjo bolt, oil filter Cavity, Crankshaft oil Inlet, Crankshaft Secondary oil Filter? No cheating here!;) We are watching you!! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts