Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just shimmed the carb and adjusted it out 2 turns, even snatched out the snorkle. It's too early to know for sure but it did seem to help, never had the the front tire off the ground until today. I have a end cap on the way and hope to mod the muffler this weekend. Almost forgot! I even relocated the plate. I'm really starting to like this bike! What else do I need to be doing? (that's cheap!)

J.B.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the license plate, I did away with the plastic piece then removed the black metal barcket that the tag actualy bolted to, drilled and mounted it to the rear fender just under the brare light. I just thought of a queston too. When I took the fuel tank off there was an elbow that connected to the petcock. While removing the fuel line this elbow popped out. I pushed it back in and when I was done it didn't leak, is this elbow ment to be pulled out this easily or should I be worried?

J.B.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
When I took the fuel tank off there was an elbow that connected to the petcock. While removing the fuel line this elbow popped out. I pushed it back in and when I was done it didn't leak, is this elbow ment to be pulled out this easily or should I be worried?

J.B.
Mine does the same thing and it seems to be fairly common. I've heard of people using stuff like liquid solder to permanently fix it, but I just put a small zip tie around mine, securing the metal elbow to the petcock. It's been like that for 3 years. I put a fresh zip tie on it every Winter.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The same thing happened to me. I shoved it back in and used some baling wire to hold it in place. I have a little shop in the garage, and I was thinking I would thread the hole in the petcock and add a NPT fitting. I don't know if I want to replace the petcock as I would probably forget to turn it off.

Oh Yea, the license plate. Duh! I've been working on a fix for that. Stay tuned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts