Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's everbody at?? Chime in. Rode to work today, it was a balmy 60 degrees. A little wet, but nice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
oldarmy said:
Where's everbody at?? Chime in. Rode to work today, it was a balmy 60 degrees. A little wet, but nice.
Hey man, I'm in Weehawken NJ, just outside NYC. Couldn't ride to work today cause we don't work in the rain.. but its clearing up now and i'm headed out for a spin.

i'l take a day like this once a week.. wet enough in the am to cancel work then clear by lunch!

-j

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm still here. I rode a little on Sunday but man was it windy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took all back roads so it didn't bother me any but highway riding would not of been too fun. :lol: Getting the warm days during the week while I'm work of coarse!!!!! Go figure that is how it normally is. Was looking for Saturday'w weather but it looks bad once again. Keep wanting to ride to Tower City going up thru Dauphin by Dehart Dam but it is just not panning out at this time.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Jumpin in to say hi.I live in wv but ride both north and south.Had a great trip this past summer thru md and pa.Have family in selinsgrove,Hershey.and hummelstown pa.Do a little riding in va.I'll be checkin for those pa gatherings this coming summer

Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
klrmike said:
Jumpin in to say hi.I live in wv but ride both north and south.Had a great trip this past summer thru md and pa.Have family in selinsgrove,Hershey.and hummelstown pa.Do a little riding in va.I'll be checkin for those pa gatherings this coming summer

Mike
My parents are in Hummelstown and I work 5 minutes from their. Some nice riding in the Tower City area about 50 miles from Hummelstown.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello List--

I am new to this forum and new to riding once again. Rode when I was in my 20's. Owned a Harley 90cc at 13 , Kaw KX 400 at 15 ( maybe in 1975, not exactly sure ), Honda 550 & Honda 750. Sold out when I got hitched and had my first kid. She just left for college and I am back in business. Bought a used '06 KLR 650 2 weeks ago with 900 miles on the clock., Rode over 250 mi and most of it at temps in the 30's & 40's. This bike is great. I have so many plans but short on money & time for now.

Looking for riders in Northampton, Carbon, or Monroe counties in PA. I know some old coal mining roads in Carbon just looking for more riders. Guns optional.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Anyone here ridin in Bradford or Tioga counties?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Northern pa

Lookin a little slow in here so thought I would post a couple of pics taken this summer in Bradford county around Canton and Troy.

Kay and I and a few others are planning an expedition to nortern pa this summer to this area for some late season trout fishing and riding.Hope to run into some other pa riders,this part of pa is spectacular scenery and offers miles of rural riding.We will probably venture into central NY while there.Anyone will be welcome to our campfire.Keep checkin back,we will post before taking off.Hope to see ya there

Mike :smile:

·
Registered
280 Posts
klrmike said:
Anyone here ridin in Bradford or Tioga counties?
I don't live far from those counties, I live up in Corning, but I work in owego, always up for a ride, and I'm looking for anyone from the area who might want to join me for a ride out to Moab Utah in May also.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey Gunny,whats the itinerary for the Moab trip? Start,return,and length.just curious at this point in time.

Mike

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'll be leaving upstate NY Monday, May 28th very early, like 0430 early, arrive in Moab on Wed afternoon sometime. Change over tires on KLR to the D606's, go to Freds and register that morning, explore a couple ghost towns etc, then that weekend, go on the poker runs, ride the white rim trail and generally have a blast with the other KLR riders attending the classic. My return time is pretty open as long as I get back by June 11th or so. Other than the classic, I'm open to riding just about anywhere, if I don't have anyone to ride out and back with, I suppose I'll ride up to Salt Lake and visit friends or go see a few guys in the Denver area for trail riding there. My one buddy from Salt Lake may come down that weekend and rent a bike or ATV so he can try and keep up :lol:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Man Gunny,thats alot of ridin.Hope things go well for ya.Keep us updated.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My wife calls it the " mid life crisis tour '07" :mrgreen: Says it will be cheaper than buying a corvette, but I don't have an interest in those, now a classic series 2 land rover on the other hand ........I suppose this road trip takes the place of my not having hiked the appalachin trail like I had wanted, Lord knows my knees couldn't take that hike now anyways. Anyways, I'd be more than glad to meet up with anyone along the way who wants to ride out. I have the trip details posted in another part of the forum, so keep your eyes peeled for details as the time approaches, May isn't really that far off.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Good lord Gunny,it's scary.The AT is at the top of my to do list first year of retirement.Also up there on that list is a (defender 90)I was set to do the AT in 1981 upon my discharge from the service.Had it all planned. Out in Jan,migrate south in feb,kick of in March.All the while collecting unemployment from uncle sam,then bam,a former employer called and,well,Never made the AT.I,we,will hook up with you late summer I'm sure.If I can help with anything for your trip or otherwise,drop me a line.Good luck and have fun

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Moab, Utah?
How many miles? What an adventure that would be. It would test the endurance of the KLR I'm sure. How long are you going to be gone?
I'm in Susquehanna, PA...looking for riding partners...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Door to door from my house to Moab is 1950 miles. I plan on being gone about 2 weeks give or take. Should be a great time all told. I gotta get a new digital camera and at least a 1 gig card for it so I can take pictures for the whole trip, hopefully find one that also has a car charger so I can charge it on the bike as I ride. The ride out and back will be pretty boring, though I do plan on hooking up with a few guys from here and the other forums on the way out and back to break up the trip a little. Basically it's a straight shot out, then take my time getting back. Maybe hitting a bit of the trans america trail on the way back if I can. It would be great to have someone else to ride with, but I know how hard it is getting time off, I'm lucky in that where I work they are pretty liberal with time off and vacation planning.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts