Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my dad and I decided to take our new KLR650s up into the hills and do some off roading. My dads got experience off road, I sure don't. It was a blast and scary at the same time. Definatly need better tires. Dad got stuck in the mud and also went down one time. Had to take a picture of the first wreck on his new bike. I made it out unscathed luckily. I had a height advantage so I was able to control it a bit easier in the slow stuff.

Tried to climb a hill. Thought I'd never make it bit I did. I'm wearing the green helmet.

We rode up near long barn just off highway 108.

Bikes are both 2017s and mostly stock. Both are using a 16 tooth front sprocket. Both have sw motech crash bars (hes lucky). Stock tires and I still have the stock skid plate.

Will try to upload gopro footage another time.

https://youtu.be/YDP6IzFZkMA

·
Registered
54 Posts
looks like you had fun

but you gotta get those RPM up, your lugging the engine a lot. gonna come back to bite you with having to do a early engine rebuild.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like you had fun

but you gotta get those RPM up, your lugging the engine a lot. gonna come back to bite you with having to do a early engine rebuild.
This was my first time offroad on a motorcycle so I'm sure there's alot I need to learn. Lol thanks for the advice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts