Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post on the forum, starting a RTW in May, shipping the bike to LA then heading North to Canada before the long convoluted trip south to Ushuaia…

Just starting the process of mods (again) had an RE Himalayan all setup until it threw a valve! KLR hurriedly purchased…

Travels will be on insta and YouTube under MontysMotoAdventures

Looking forward to being apart of a global KLR community ;-)

Fuel tank Plant Wheel Tire Motorcycle

· Registered
326 Posts
First post on the forum, starting a RTW in May, shipping the bike to LA then heading North to Canada before the long convoluted trip south to Ushuaia…

Just starting the process of mods (again) had an RE Himalayan all setup until it threw a valve! KLR hurriedly purchased…

Travels will be on insta and YouTube under MontysMotoAdventures

Looking forward to being apart of a global KLR community ;-)

View attachment 39435
Very Exciting!!!

· Registered
'08 KLR
442 Posts
BTW, I have a younger sister that lives in Toowoomba and loves it.
Toowoomba is where I bought my DR 500 for transport/adventuring/bike touring/camping when I was in AU in '84-'85. Billy Bunter's Yamaha, they promised they'd buy the bike back for nearly the same money when I was through - and even though it had been flipped over frontwards in a fairly damaging wreck (to both me and the bike), they were true to their word and gave me far more than the bike was worth given its condition. I'll always have a fond place in my heart for all of Australia.

· Premium Member
187 Posts
Nice! Im trying to put together a South American trip myself. Im planning on shipping my gen 2 to Argentina ( where I have a connect) and riding back, hopefully next September or March 2024. Ive done the Alaska trip in 2016 on a Super Tenere and it was great.

· Registered
2022 KLR650
399 Posts
Wow! That sound like a wild trip!

My goal is to ride the TWAT this year.... gotta start somewhere!

Wishing you all the best in your quest!

Willie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts