Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my new sexy black beast! Picked up a new 2012 yesterday . Lookin forward to learning alot from everyone on this site.thanks already!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
182 Posts
Post pics when possible and put yourself on the KLR users map thread. Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPod touch using Motorcycle
Timothys687
More miles and smiles for all!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. I don't think I can post pics yet or get on the map, I'm a noob to forums too.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Enjoy your KLR! Ask questions about anything --very friendly folks here,
that do their best to help folks out.

Best,
M

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for the love. I am new to these types of bikes.. Last ones I've had are totally different.. 05 GSXR 600,07 GSXR 750. But ive had her two days and put over 100 miles and so far I'm all smiles! :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the love. I am new to these types of bikes.. Last ones I've had are totally different.. 05 GSXR 600,07 GSXR 750. But ive had her two days and put over 100 miles and so far I'm all smiles! :)

Welcome to the forum...note: hold on to your wallet, because you will want some farkles (after market accessories) for it, we all do....my wife is always pissed because I buy more for my bike then I do for her...still loves her though (the wife that is)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear that! I don't understand the ( farkles)? Lingo just yet.. But I'm already making a list of stuff to buy! Already upgraded to 100w bulbs this morning..looks like there's a ton of goodies available for this bike.a longer shifter looks like a must bc my huge boots not fitting under the shifter.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I bought my KLR because I didn't want to spend a bunch of money.

Funny how that worked out. lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
Instead of a longer shifter, think about a set of offset peg brackets from CraigES on this forum, they drop the pegs down and back an inch and give more foot room on the shifter and stretch room on the bike.

Timothys687

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im a noob to alot of stuff involving on/off road riding,but could anybody give me a good idea of what type of extended shifter to buy?my 13s not fitting too good,,,;[

·
Registered
182 Posts
im a noob to alot of stuff involving on/off road riding,but could anybody give me a good idea of what type of extended shifter to buy?my 13s not fitting too good,,,;[
Again look at offset peg mounts unless you are riding extreme off road where losing an inch of clearance would be terrible. I bought mine from CraigES, they moved the pegs back and down 1 inch which gives the perfect amount of foot room for the shifter

Timothys687

·
Registered
689 Posts
JGTREE, Top Gun Big Foot worked well with my 13's. Page 63 on the latest WhitehorseGear catalog. $32.00.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Have you tried adjusting the shift lever first? I have a size 12 and with my motorcycle boots, I look like I am ready for a moonwalk but I do not have too many problems with the shifter since it does offer some adjustment...

There is a 10mm bolt holding it in place and it is a pain to remove but take it out and the shifter slides straight out....Turn it upwards a just a notch or two then push back on... if that does not work, try the other shifter....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I pulled the shifter off today and put it up one notch, it seems to help with the boots but sux for down shifting.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I pulled the shifter off today and put it up one notch, it seems to help with the boots but sux for down shifting.

IIRC, on my previous bike with a longer shifter, the foot just pivoted on the peg around the lever to downshift. On the KLR, the foot moves off the peg, loops around, then goes down to do the deed.

I also find that I drive around with my left foot at a bit of an awkward angle. Wouldn't it be nice to have a bike where the engine cover isn't where the shift lever is supposed to be? :50:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts