Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaving in a week to go to a conference in Atlanta. I'm visiting a friend in Clarksville (north of Nashville) on the way down. I'm going to try and avoid freeways as much as possible and just putz my way south. I have 5 days to get to Atlanta and then 6 days to meander my way home. Savannah and Hilton Head are possibilities for a post conference destination.

I have no route planned. Google maps on the phone with an atlas backup if I need it. I'm hammock tenting down and back with respite in the conference hotel in the middle.

I don't mind going a bit out of my way if there are good scenic roads to travel or particular sights to see.

I will post pics and thoughts to this thread as I have time and inclination.

Any suggestions are welcome and if you might find yourself along or near the route and could offer hospitality or two trees 15' apart in the back 40 that'd be cool too :)

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Safe journey Wynter. Make sure you have some sweet tea while you're in Atlanta!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two days out and things are on schedule. Any suggestions for a bit of sightseeing between Lansing and Clarksville, TN? I'm planning on taking two days to do the approximately 540 miles to get there, the first leg of my trip. Will have pics soon of loaded bike. I'll probably post on the CJ thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts