Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a BMW from a guy in Hayden, ID and I have 3 days to get my sorry butt back to WI/IL.. I was kicking around playing for a day after meeting up with the guy in Spokane, but I've been warned that I might want to reconsider and save the playing for a trip later in the summer..

I know none of you guys are weather forecasters, but what sort of weather could I be running into at that time??

After the warning, I'm figuring on hammering down I-90 unless there's some side tracking in the area that would be nice to see/can't miss..

Suggestions?? Thoughts??

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought a BMW from a guy in Hayden, ID and I have 3 days to get my sorry butt back to WI/IL.. I was kicking around playing for a day after meeting up with the guy in Spokane, but I've been warned that I might want to reconsider and save the playing for a trip later in the summer..

I know none of you guys are weather forecasters, but what sort of weather could I be running into at that time??

After the warning, I'm figuring on hammering down I-90 unless there's some side tracking in the area that would be nice to see/can't miss..

Suggestions?? Thoughts??
THREE WHOLE DAYS to get back from Spokane! You could tour the western US in that time. :)

There are so many good roads it hard to choose. Butt, for a break from the slab, on a really nice road that won't cost you much time, take US 14 from Sheridan, WY-Ucross, WY- Gillette, WY. It will take you from I-90 back to I-90. Nothing technical, just some big fast sweepers, good scenery & usually no traffic.

Three Days.....sheesh!

Sleddog

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, it'll be closer to 2 1/2 days.. I'm picking the bike up at 9am, but I'm sure there will be BSing until 11am or so..

I'm thinking that your US 14 would be very nice, and somewhere along the line I'll find somoeone to witness a SS1000 while I'm at it.. Might as well make the most of it..:)

I need to start hanging around normal riders.. Maybe next weekend?? Nope.. That plan's already screwed up! Other than the Rally Master and his helper, how many others in the Bonzia have spots in the Iron Butt Rally this year?? I know Joe Leggette will be there and he's got a spot.. Had lunch with him a few weeks ago..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Actually, it'll be closer to 2 1/2 days.. I'm picking the bike up at 9am, but I'm sure there will be BSing until 11am or so..

I'm thinking that your US 14 would be very nice, and somewhere along the line I'll find somoeone to witness a SS1000 while I'm at it.. Might as well make the most of it..:)

I need to start hanging around normal riders.. Maybe next weekend?? Nope.. That plan's already screwed up! Other than the Rally Master and his helper, how many others in the Bonzia have spots in the Iron Butt Rally this year?? I know Joe Leggette will be there and he's got a spot.. Had lunch with him a few weeks ago..
I see two more on the list that'll be in it. Mike Senty & Curt Gran. We were in it from our finish at last years IB5000 but, decided not to enter this years.

Have you ever been on I-90 in Western Montana? For a slab it's pretty fun, especially going over the passes.

I rode from here to Spokane in a day on the way to Hyder a couple years ago. For your SS1000, you could have the previous owner sign the start & I'll sign the finish & furnish a bed & beers!

See ya next weekend....

Sleddog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts