Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since it was pouring rain yesterday, then freezing overnight then snowing and 23 degrees tonight, I took the opportunity to test my new bike, and my new suit.

Both worked phenomenally well. The bike is all that I hoped and more, and the suit I got is awesome, and worth it's weight in gold.

I picked up a Firstgear Thermo One-Piece Suit
I came very close to buying a joe rocket survivor suit, for more than twice the price, but the reviews scared me off. This firstgear suit had 300 reviews of literally all 4 or 5 stars, so I figured I'd try it.

It was 100% water proof, this thing will easily pass the shower test. And today on the ride to work 33 degrees, I was sweating at red lights with just a pair of kakhi work pants, and a polo on under it. The ride home at 23 was still totally warm and comfy. This suit blew me away, I really couldn't have asked for more from it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance but is it "electric" gear-or just made from the right materials? Oh also is it "crash-worthy"? BTW:very nice pic. What state do you live in?

Hey Thanks Keshler

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for my ignorance but is it "electric" gear-or just made from the right materials? Oh also is it "crash-worthy"? BTW:very nice pic. What state do you live in?

Hey Thanks Keshler
Good ole Buffalo Ny. And nope not an electric suit, just well insulated and lined in and out! I'm still impressed by its warmth. No its not crash worthy, I think it'd stop a good deal of road rash, but there's no armor. I'm looking to see if I can find almost like a chest rig to wear under it so I still have my shoulder elbow and back pads

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I also have that same outfit. 100% waterproof. Tested many times over the last year. Also it is very warm. For the money it is an excellent buy. The only downsides are as already stated no crash armor. If they added that and maybe some reflective material on it I believe it would be one of the best on the market.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also have that same outfit. 100% waterproof. Tested many times over the last year. Also it is very warm. For the money it is an excellent buy. The only downsides are as already stated no crash armor. If they added that and maybe some reflective material on it I believe it would be one of the best on the market.
Totally agree, can't get over how warm and dry the suit is! But yeah armor would be nice, I believe it has a reflective strip on the back though?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts