Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
8,372 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
I found a LED rated flasher relay at my local auto parts store ( O'Reilly's).I think it was $12. It had a familiar looking pin layout and it turns out a H4 headlight harness fits it. May come in handy if you end up having to cut wires.

I can't comment on the crossover signal at all, but I'm sure Tom knows what's up there.

·
Administrator
8,372 Posts
Reactions: shinyribs

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The LF1-S-Flat has the same connector that the stock flasher has, so you just unplug the stock flasher and plug the new one into the harness.

Truly plug 'n play.

This goes over the crossover issue: http://www.klrforum.com/2008-klr650-wrenching-mod-questions/51474-led-turn-signals-not-functioning.html

Tom

Thanks! I plan on removing oem dash for digital. Which means I will probably use an LED aftermarket turn signal indicator and they have a pos and negative wire only. The oem indicator wires are right and left turn. Do I hook both of those to the pos of the new indicator or use diodes? and the just gound it to the frame?

·
Administrator
8,372 Posts
If you are going to use the OEM wiring for your turn signal indicator (meaning you will have one indicator for both left and right), then all you need to do is use a non-polarized LED of some sort. A 194 wedgie is a good candidate because you can use the OEM 194 socket.

Any non-polarized LED will do, but you must use one. It's not an option. If you don't there will be crossover through the indicator bulb and both left and right turn signals will blink.

If you are going to use two LEDs, one for left and one for right, then you simply use the OEM wiring, but use green wire for left turn indicator and the gray for the right, providing a new ground for each LED.

Tom

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are going to use the OEM wiring for your turn signal indicator (meaning you will have one indicator for both left and right), then all you need to do is use a non-polarized LED of some sort. A 194 wedgie is a good candidate because you can use the OEM 194 socket.

Any non-polarized LED will do, but you must use one. It's not an option. If you don't there will be crossover through the indicator bulb and both left and right turn signals will blink.

If you are going to use two LEDs, one for left and one for right, then you simply use the OEM wiring, but use green wire for left turn indicator and the gray for the right, providing a new ground for each LED.

Tom
perfect thanx!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts