Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i bought this bike the previous owner had the q4 in box. He said to loud for getting out of city for him. I live in rural area and yup its loud for here even. Does someone make one with just a nice rumble?

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Q4 is 96db. The LeoVince X3 and the Lexx are 94db which is noticeably quieter but I've heard the new "trail insert" for the Lexx is supposed to make it the quietest aftermarket KLR silencer available. The LeoVince doesn't require periodic repacking though.

Dave

·
Registered
73 Posts
Q4 is 96db. The LeoVince X3 and the Lexx are 94db which is noticeably quieter but I've heard the new "trail insert" for the Lexx is supposed to make it the quietest aftermarket KLR silencer available. The LeoVince doesn't require periodic repacking though.

Dave
Whe I need to repack my Lexx I'll use this steel wool repack kit. It is supposed to lasts 4-5 times longer than regular repacking which puts the Lex in Leo Vince territory. Don't get me wrong, Leo Vince is a fantastic muffler but at +- $450 compared to the Lexx at $199 plus a one time repack of $42 with steel wire mesh and steel wool, those are prices fit for a KLR owner. :58:

https://shop.steelwooldirect.com/products?olsPage=products/muff-pack-repacking-kit-for-mufflers-up-to-19-long&page=1

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Whe I need to repack my Lexx I'll use this steel wool repack kit. It is supposed to lat 4-5 times longer that regular repacking which puts the Lex in Leo Vince territory. Don't get me wrong, Leo Vince is a fantastic muffler but at +- $450 compared to the Lexx at $199 plus a one time repack of $42 with steel wire mesh and steel wool, those are prices fit for a KLR owner. :58:

https://shop.steelwooldirect.com/products?olsPage=products/muff-pack-repacking-kit-for-mufflers-up-to-19-long&page=1
Yep, the money doesn't bug me much but the new trail insert db level for the Lexx will have me trying one. I'd rather have the quietest combo even if it means a repack.

Dave

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im thinking on a long run the q4 would have your ears ringing. I will check other out and see what the deal is. Just a little more grr would be nice I would think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts