Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm a new member from Helena, MT. My wife and I both have KLRs. I have a 2003 and she has a 2007. Lotta dirt to ride here.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Welcome. Love Montana. Did go there one year with the KLR but found a lot of the roads gated. Did ride as much gravel as we thought we would but still had a great time.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Where is Fome, MT? I can't find it on a map. lol.
Welcome to the funny farm!

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Where is Fome, MT? I can't find it on a map. lol.
Welcome to the funny farm!
I think that is a typo and should say -From-. He does say he is from Helena. Think I'll just fix the htread title until I'm told different.

·
Administrator
8,363 Posts
No, no, he's from Fome, it's over near Fairview. He must just live in Helena.

Some people call it North Dakota, but really it's Fome.

I'm from Sidney, and we thought the people from Fome were a bit standoffish, being as how they were over North Dakota way. We used to go over to Fome and tip over their lawn jockeys. They got wise to it and started putting in garden gnomes.

They became known as Fome Gnomes.

mtmedic, now you know why Paul calls this the funny farm. Welcome!

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Welcome mtmedic to the nuthouse!! Good bunch of people on here but most are in need of some sort of professional help. Unfortunately they just seem to self medicate.....Hope you fit in!!
Best Regards....justjeff

ps....Good job Tomb Sckitts in welcoming mtmedic to our fearless Forum!

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Okay I stand corrected and changed the title back. Still can't find it on a map or with Google for anything. What's the population of Fome??

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
This is a very sad story as many people lost their lives in the event. Fome was destroyed in the historic Mount St Helens volcanic eruption in 1980. The people from Fome who survived are unlikely to want to discuss the traumatic event and may even deny that Fome ever existed. The government participated in the coverup and has erased all references to Fome including destroying all maps and any documentation referring to the lost town right down to the last detail, even the Fomebook.
JJ

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Mt St Helens was fabricated to hide nuclear testing. Welcome
to our mostly humble online home, Medic.

Great people and very useful info here. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

CheapMark

·
Administrator
8,363 Posts
I was out of eastern Montana for a long time and only went back in 2000. I didn't visit the remains of Fome, but I hear it is a pitiful sight.

They told me that all you can see is chimneys and little Fome Gnome heads sticking up above the ash. Little green ones, red ones, and the occasion yellow ones.

Oh, the humanity.

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I was out of eastern Montana for a long time and only went back in 2000. I didn't visit the remains of Fome, but I hear it is a pitiful sight.

They told me that all you can see is chimneys and little Fome Gnome heads sticking up above the ash. Little green ones, red ones, and the occasion yellow ones.

Oh, the humanity.

Tom
Ah! The famous Peking Nome near Fome!
JJ

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
This has to be one of the most ridiculous welcomes
we've ever rolled out. Keep up the good work, gents.
LOLOL Blahaha gigglesnort.

It's not yer fault, Medic. Cabin fever setting in for
peeps living above 40 degrees North and the number
is going south. W B venting (with the pcv mod)

·
Administrator
8,363 Posts
Things are a bit slow because we can't all be out riding. If we can't ride we might as well hang out on the forum and make bad jokes.

It's either that or bar stool races...

Welcome! Good to have you here.

tom

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Man, you make one little typo, and your the brunt of all bad jokes....almost wrote bed
mtmedic,
Its all in good, clean fun. It will help drive up your post count to 15+, which will allow you to post pics and vids. That is if you know how, which I don't!
I don't even have a smart phone to do so.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
You don't need a smart phone to upload pics pd. I don't have one either. This is me on my Quad this summer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts