Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictured are the pegs on a 2003 model I recently picked up. Someone must have put aftermarket pegs on it. Seems to me there should be a return spring on them instead of the flap of rubber between the peg and the mount.

My question, I looked at the parts diagram and it appears the stock pegs are the same as the passenger pegs, correct?

I think I will try and find some springs to fit these ones if anyone has any suggestions what may work? (hard to order one when not a stock part and I don't know the brand)

Thanks in advance for any advice (y)

peg.jpg

·
Administrator
3,768 Posts
Yes the stock pegs are similar to the passenger pegs. What you have there are some el cheapo Chinese made pegs. Have a set myself and find them to be just okay. They did not come with springs. I’m okay with them without the springs but am seriously considering a pair of Tusk pegs. I have tried a number of different springs with these but had no success finding something that would fit. You basically live with floppy pegs or get something else.

·
Premium Member
2009 KLR 650
15 Posts
I bought a set of pegs from Ebay that I'm happy with. The pegs are stainless, come with springs, etc. and don't hold mud.

These are clones of the IMS Pro Series foot pegs.

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
Comparing yours to my bike, One could try the Moose Racing footpeg springs. Part#1620-0464

And if by chance they DO Not work on your pegs, purchase a set of the Moose Racing 1/2" Rearward Offset pegs to work with the Moose Springs.
The 1/2" rearward offset makes a lot more space between footpeg and gearshifter for proper riding boots or bigger feet!

Reactions: DPelletier

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas. I was placing an order with Rocky Mountain and they had a set of springs for $5 so figured it's worth a try. The pegs they are intended for look the same just better quality. I will report back once received. I definitely can't ride with them flopping around.

I appreciate the suggestions.

·
Administrator
3,768 Posts
I definitely can't ride with them flopping around.
Mine don’t flop around. My feet are usually on them.

Let me know if the springs you ordered fit without modification. I had no luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts