1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Does anyone ever check the manufacturing date on the tires you recieve? In May I put a Continental RoadAttack on my V-Strom and it was two years old. I have already wore the rear RoadAttack out and will be buying one tomorrow. Hopefully it will be newer than two years. The Avon Distanzia's on my KLR were less than a year old.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
How many miles on that rear Road Attack?
TIA
Both rear tires went, almost exactly, 6000 miles. Many of those miles are with luggage. The tires would have been good for many more miles if I could have ridden them on the sides only :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Major hyjack alert

Sorry but I like to talk about tires.
I'm working for a rental place lately.
We sent out a bunch of bikes last month for a 2500 mile trip through the very hot parts.
The VFR, the Connni14 and the ST1300 had Road Attacks. Two up with lots of luggage and the tires were looking a little flat in the middle already with a ridge to get up and wiggle on in a corner. The even heavier bikes had Marathons and they still looked like new. Gold Wings, K1200LT.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
A friend is using a Bridgestone Battle Wing on the rear of his DL1000 and he swears he gets 8,000+ miles. The RoadAttack on the front of my bike looks like it will last through another 6,000 miles. Tourance is another good choice. One thing I like about the RoadAttack is how well it handles wet, dry, cold or hot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts