Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across something I found interesting, and I thought I'd pass along......

http://www.otbplastics.com/

Potentially, some aftermarket Tupperware [plastic body components] for the KLR 650, and some other dual sport bikes. I don't know anything more than what's in the link. I think another option for body parts might be a good thing. Maybe some participation in the survey might lead to some less expensive options of repair when Piglet goes "ka-bomp".

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hmmm, an alternative to duct tape, plastic weld, scrap aluminum, and pop rivets. Looks to be interesting, especially for a dual sport with somewhat fragile plastics (particularly in the cold.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, thanks for the invite vatrader!

I would like all the input and comments about some aftermarket plastics I can get! I encourage everyone to take the poll at ADV and visit the website and take the survey.

I need to get a gauge on what to start with!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I emailed the nice fellow at otb (and got his permission to post this).

the nice fellow from otb said:
As of now, we are only in development of an '08+ KLR shroud due to budget restrictions. I would like to offer a full line of plastics for all years of KLR's in the future. Pricing right now is estimated at $75.00 per side with additional hardware
(metal mounts) that will most likely be around $5.00 per side. I am having issues with confirming a manufacturer at this time so things are still variable and can change.
For perspective, my 06 klr shrouds seem to be about 80 bucks for each side from bike bandit.

A 09 seems to be about 150 a side from bike bandit.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I got an email update from the nice fellow from otb a number of months ago...the conclusion was that he is not going to go through with the plans. I think he couldn't get them manufactured cheaply enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts