Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it looks like my seal saver el cheapo reset seal tool didn't work. whats the scoop on 2nd generation seal replacement?
im using cogent preload caps but gen 2 stock doesn't have schrader valve for blowing seal out. i have replaced seals on my 250 ninja and had to completely separate them. do i need all the special tools? i used spring tension on the dampner rod to remove allen bolt from the bottom. i used harbor freight long style 6mm hex socket with long extensions.
let me know, i want ride the klr to the devil's triangle on 12/11. most of the threads on replace of seal are gen 1

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
I think that Motion Pro sells the 'Wedge' type fork damper rod holder tool nowadays. Seat the wedge with a hammer and then Turn the Allen bolt, not the tool!
Or you could put a Schrader valve into 1 of the oem fork caps, if you still have them?

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think that Motion Pro sells the 'Wedge' type fork damper rod holder tool nowadays. Seat the wedge with a hammer and then Turn the Allen bolt, not the tool!
Or you could put a Schrader valve into 1 of the oem fork caps, if you still have them?
I will find them. drilling and tapping is cheaper than buying the tool😉

1 - 3 of 3 Posts