· Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Thanks buddy, will do. 🤝
Ordered.

· Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,232 Posts
I was torn between these and the Gaerne fastback enduro boots. I went with the Gaerne boots. Just had a 25 year work anniversary and they sent me a book with gifts I could choose from. I picked a large sum ebay digital gift card. That covered the boots and then some. I don't bother with claimed waterproof boots anymore since they end up having a bucket effect once you get caught in a good downpour. Water resistant is just fine for me.
My priority is maximum protection with reasonable comfort.

· Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hahaha, no I just decided to wear them inside to break them in. But they are comfortable. 🥰

Reactions: mcnock

· Registered
139 Posts
Hahaha, no I just decided to wear them inside to break them in. But they are comfortable. 🥰
I wish I had bought those too. I got the Gaerne Balance about 4 years ago which look similar without the shift lever plastic protection. Not bad boots, really like the look, but just don’t fit me well and less protective. I have Alpine Stars MX boots so at the time I wanted something more comfy to walk in and less moto when street riding and going into restaurants, stores, etc.
It’s hard to justify buying another expensive pair of boots when these are in such great shape. I guess I need to crash more 🤣

· Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have never paid $300 for a pair of boots/shoes ever. I was very reluctant. As I have stated before, I am VERY impressed. Fastest shipping on the planet, great fit, so much more movable than the O'neal's. So easy to set the bindings. Absolutely impressed and reccomend to anyone.

· Registered
2005 KLR650
204 Posts
I'm a cheap ass when I can be.

My Alpinestars Tech 10 boots were $70 from a local guy who got married, had kids, and hadn't done any riding since. They're the older style and a little worn, but still in very good shape.

My Corozols were purchased through the advrider flea market. $120 shipped, couldn't pass it up. Again, a little worn, but really just into the "broken in" stage.

If you're patient and willing to buy used, there's a lot of good gear out there.

· Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Agreed, but I am planning a 4000 mile trip and wanted to be sure I had what I needed, when I needed it. I have zero regrets. These are worth the price. I am happy.

Reactions: StarfuryTH

· Registered
139 Posts
I'm a cheap ass when I can be.

My Alpinestars Tech 10 boots were $70 from a local guy who got married, had kids, and hadn't done any riding since. They're the older style and a little worn, but still in very good shape.

My Corozols were purchased through the advrider flea market. $120 shipped, couldn't pass it up. Again, a little worn, but really just into the "broken in" stage.

If you're patient and willing to buy used, there's a lot of good gear out there.
I’ve never bought used riding boots but I’ve been fortunate to find new ones someone ordered by mistake or wrong size, etc and gotten cheap deals on great MX boots.

· Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,232 Posts
I hope you have good luck with the Forma boots. A few guys in my riding group had the soles begin to pull off within a year of purchase. It may have been a bad run of boots? Hopefully they corrected the issue.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts