Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello from roseburg oregon, like my intro I had a dr650 and sold it to buy a kaw 1500 vulcan to ride last summer to sturgis and other places, I went a total of 5140 miles and when I got back last august I put that bike up for sale. I never want to own a v-twin cruzer again ever (yuck) the only thing that was good for was hiway use, any way I just traded it for this 08 klr650 with 6400 miles on it. I have never been so happy to get rid of a bike as i was to get rid of the vulcan and as a bonus get this klr...got to say I love it, it to me is a much better choice even than the dr was. I could just not make the dr comfortable and the klr is a much better fit for me, any way I also have a 87 tw 200 for my hard core off road riding and a 76 and 75 honda tl 250s for the real gnarly stuff. so I will mainly use the klr for light off road and commuting. I know about the stuff that needs to be done on this bike and will get to it pretty soon. I hope this one is not one of the oil users but I will check it often till I find out. One quick question what is a good windscreen for this bike? the factory one is way to short for me.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
One quick question what is a good windscreen for this bike? the factory one is way to short for me.
Recommending a windscreen carries a critical caveat: Ergonomics and preferences vary so widely between individuals, what works for one might not work for another!

A TPI windscreen works fine for me (5'-11", 31" inseam); however . . . I bought it used from a 6'-4" rider who found it definitely unsatisfactory (wind buffeting him directly in the face).

I'd suggest you, "try before you buy," windscreen-wise, if possible. The seller in my case left the plastic wrap on the screen when he installed it, so no hand-me-down detraction was present.

An adjustable windscreen might be an advantage for you, if unsure of a size and shape fulfilling your needs and preferences.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on the KLR. The DR is a very capable bike and many like it as well as the Vulcan for street use. All have their purpose. I had a KLR before I moved and had to get another. The accessories, support, affordability and it's do all capabilities are what keeps brining me back. Enjoy! :character00201:

·
Registered
912 Posts
I've ridden a DR and if I rode only trails, that would be my choice but the KLR blocks a lot more wind on the highway.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I like the stock windscreen off road, but I like the Cee Bailey tall windscreen on road. Clearly, you need another KLR650...:wink2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts