Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Danny:
I'm all for more KLR sites, I added it to my favorites, and I'll post it on my web site(www.freebebs.com/daddyjoe) as soon as I update it. I hope it flys for the KLR world. :wink:

Now which gun should I bring to TDP?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daddyjoe said:
Now which gun should I bring to TDP?

I don't know Joe remember we will be in Black Bear country!!!!!! :shock:

·
Registered
425 Posts
:lol: :lol: Turn a guy down for a mod spot and he starts his own page

·
Registered
16 Posts
Turn a guy down for a mod spot and he starts his own page
You never turned me down. In fact, you never even replied to the PM I sent you.

I also posted a suggestion (that you obviously did not like) in a thread, because you EDITED MY post without explanation.

That sir, is a big no-no in the forum world.

I was a fan here right up to that point.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Another is not to promote your site on someone elses by posting rules lists etc. kinda looks like driving traffic to some of us.

And I have been out of town at the myrtle beach bike rally and havent replied and PM ustil tonight. But like I posted inthe moderator search thread, I asked for individuals to post the names of people other than yourself. And you PM me asking to moderate.

No bi deal, there is room on the net for everyone.

·
Registered
53 Posts
klr650 said:
Another is not to promote your site on someone elses by posting rules lists etc. kinda looks like driving traffic to some of us.
Looked like danny31 posted the link. Hondo didn't look to be promoting his site here. Daddyjoe approved of it, looks like, since he's adding it to his favorites...

·
Registered
425 Posts
That is a different thread in question, not this thread.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I never promoted the website- you did when you edited my post (without explanation)- My post was modified, the "Code of Conduct" removed and replaced with the link. I never intended on promoting anything- my goal was to help.

I posted an example of the rules at a Nighthawk Enthusiast forum that I helped setup (at the admins request) as a suggestion in this thread-

http://klrforum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=323

And you PM me asking to moderate.
No I didn't - I volunteered to help moderate. Big difference.

Here's the PM I sent-

It seemed to me that my suggestion was not welcomed, enough so that my post content was modified.

Good luck and I wish this forum and it's members the best.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
klr650 man-up and admit you were wrong. This is America and no one has the right to modify what another say or writes. As an Admin you have the right to delete the members post with explanation but not chnage their words. Think about it. If you were at work and your boss changed what you said everyday and made you responsible for it, how long would you be their. As amember all we ask is for the Admin and Mods to be fair and not judgemental. Leave poor judgement and power trip at the door.

Now about the 2008 KLR650. I want one if the price does not increase.

What's wrong with editing people's posts? ?Biker Scout :wink:

·
Registered
425 Posts
He posted his long list of rules from his board in the thread, then I get 7 PM's from members asking what happens if those rules were broken.

That is why I deleted the list and put a link to it, you can still see his rules but not plastered on this board. Everyone has the opinion on the matter, and I dont want someone elses rull list all over the place, it comfuses people. Had it been done the right way (which is the way I edited) nothing would have ever been done to the post.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Biker Scout said:
*WHEW* Getting thick in here! :lol:

SMILE EVERYONE! IT'S TUESDAY!!!
And two days before leaving for Redding Tech & Adventure Days.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
tp_cracker said:
Guess you should have probably deleted the whole post then.
Correct and with an explanation. Fair is fair. We can't expect more than that.

·
Registered
425 Posts
There is nothing wrong with posting "look at these rules" or "check out this sites rules"

But when you copy and past right there in the thread, its not the way to go, I simply made it right. As I would expect any mod or admin to do on any site.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts