Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the site I have running that are motorcycle related I get a good number of emails that are related to the industry.

Yesterday was no different. I got an email from a guy in atlanta, he had a 2001 ninja 250 that he wrecked a few months back. Well he lives on the campus at GA Tech (ick) and is only allowed one parking space in the deck. So he got a letter stateing he need to remove the bike from the space where he had been squezzing in both his car and bike or he would be charged $8.00 per day for the bike to stay. This would have went into effect today.

He emailed me asking if I had any use for a ninja 250. I replied that I have a 2001 green 250 in the garage right now. Then he responeded back that if I wanted the bike and if I could come there and get it today (monday/yesterday) I could have it for "FREE"

Needled to say I now have a red and a green ninja 250. I managed to tear down the red one today the front end is crap, forks are 3" out, it needs, headlight, front fender, upper & lower plastic, guages, handle bars, controls, pegs, 1 mirror, rotor, caliper brackts, tail light and rear plastic and clutch side case cover.

After checking all my sources, I can get the parts I need to get the bike back on the road for $620.00, so hopefully by the end of march I will have a ninja 250 for sal, Right now I am planning to widen the fairings by 2" and the tail section to make it look like a bigger bike, but we'll see how that goes. Of course this will be a perfect canvas to do a custom paintjob on, so it should turn out pretty sick when I get to that stage.

Just had to share, I get free bikes pretty regularly, but mostly old honda 350's, and the like. But this is the first late model freebie. I should be able to sell it for $1500 or $1600 when I am done.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
A weird part of me wants a 250 Ninja.. The even weirder part wants to put hardbags on it and use it as a touring bike..
I think it might be part of the reason I got the scooter..
Weird.. :r0018

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here are the pics I have managed to take to this point nothing elaberate. But you get the idea of what I am working with.

Now I am just wainting on parts to get here, I should have everything I need to get it back on the roade here in the next week or so.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have recieved a ton of the parts I was needing and starting to put things back together, I did discover the front wheel is bent, so now add that to the list. Will post up some pics of the progress tomorrow fter I get the new stun on there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts