Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I forget who it was but they got that out of their system also. I tried to post that on the other site myself and it came up **********. It took me awhile but I finally figured it out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
how this for pot stirring

should we ask to have avatars on this site? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Rainier_Tom said:
KLR650.com
Freedom of speach is one thing, steering members is another, depending on which side of the line it falls, will determine if it stays or goes.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It's a site that sells merchandise for the KLR. The other website is KLR 650 .net which is the forum. The fourm admin would ban certain sites based on his personal dislike of a company. Whether or not they'd advertise with him, or they sold products that were outsourced. Doesn't matter. What you are seeing here is people being able to type a URL freely without it showing up as asterks on the screen.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sounds like someone needed a sugar tit and people still use this forum you mention? The differences in the way people run their sites still amaze me.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Actually, I think it was more of a really hard headedness..
I do give Glenn credit for the fact that he did the things he stands for.. Unfortunately, sometimes a lot of people dissagree with his choices.. His site, his choice.. I respect him for that..

·
Registered
425 Posts
But if one looks at it as my site, my choice, then why start a forum where you are obligated to keep your members happy, and ultimately move in the directions the membership would like to move. I mean without members its just a page.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
klr650 said:
But if one looks at it as my site, my choice, then why start a forum where you are obligated to keep your members happy, and ultimately move in the directions the membership would like to move. I mean without members its just a page.
Guess why I'm here, rather than over there... :wink:

·
Registered
53 Posts
You want pot stirring? I just ORDERED something from **************, err, I mean www.klr650.com. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Biker Scout

It's a site that sells merchandise for the KLR. The other website is KLR 650 .net which is the forum. The fourm admin would ban certain sites based on his personal dislike of a company. Whether or not they'd advertise with him, or they sold products that were outsourced. Doesn't matter. What you are seeing here is people being able to type a URL freely without it showing up as asterks on the screen.

It was always stated about .com stealing other venders product ideals and having them made "cheaper" (cost and quality). Even copying some items and undercutting price.

Which I always thought competion was a good thing for the consumer.

Now I think it was Tammy that Glenn had the problem with, and blocked her site out of spite,(or personal reasons). After she started having problems with her health and her orders he opened her site up.

For what ever the reasons were, that was on the "other" site and that water has already went over the dam, we can now look forward to all the water comming down stream.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts