Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm a veteran KLR guy, switching from the other forum, but new here. I have a friend who is riding around the country from SoCal on his '05 KLR650. Today he hit a piece of metal that shredded his rear inner tube (tire is OK). He used a spare front inner tube in the rear tire to get him to Helena Arkansas but feels that's unsafe to push farther. I'm looking for any local knowledge/advice. So far my best guess is to order a tube and overnight it to a post office. He also lost his large tire iron in the process. So far he has had a great trip but is holed up in a cheap motel looking for answers. Any advice is appreciated. Feel free to text or call -
Thank you,
Mark
7six0-2I4-7794

·
Registered
206 Posts
He'd be surprised how far he can get on that tube. Send him down the road to the next real city to get the correct tube.
Welcome to the light! Keep the speed down a bit though. Caution is an excellent bed fellow!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
There is a shop in Southheven, MS about 45 miles away. I bought a rear tire for my KLR there while ridding the TAT. If they have the tire they should have the tube also. He could call the shop there or others in Memphis. Can he ride 45 miles or take a cab?

Southaven Kawasaki Yamaha
· 8668 Whitworth St, Southaven, MS 38671
(662) 393-2877

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Have him try Hinkles Auto & ATV, telephone 870-295-4208

Address

2532 Highway 121 S

Marianna, AR 72360-7805

Maybe 5 miles or so away; he can zip-tie the casing on the rim and make it that far (if Hinkles has a tube).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. His wife overnighted a spare tube. While he waited he went back into the woods and found his bead breaker. He is back on the road today.
Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
After all the profound advice from the best-and-brightest minds of KLRdom, guy has his wife send him a spare tube . . .

We feel so, UNNECESSARY!

:mad0235:

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts