Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went with two friends to the Costa Abajo de Colon, in the Panamanian Caribbean, for a lunch of fried fish and tostones. I live in Panama City off the Pacific coast. The Caribbean coast (Atlantico) is 80 km away. So I had breakfast on the Pacific coast and had lunch on the Atlantic coast and dined in the Pacific. I share some photos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,841 Posts
That is kinda' cool to think about. A coast to coast to coast ride thru rain forests & mountains. :)

If I were to ride from border to border to border of WY, east - west would be about a 880 mile ride, southern route would be mostly sagebrush & prairie grass.

·
Premium Member
6,841 Posts
Dicky, are you able to ride a different route or a loop ride when riding over & back? Or is there only the one route?

From my sort of central Wyoming location, in July of 1989 I rode 1 lap around the perimeter of my state in 2 days, 1711 miles.
1030 miles the 1st day on my 1974 Z1 900.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pdestman
There are several alternative routes, the main one being a transistmic motorway with payment, to cross the central mountain range, which in this place is very low altitude. Getting to the Atlantic changes to asphalt and then to gravel depending on where you go and how far you go. You can go east or west. Yes, you can go on the highway and return along a mainly gravel route, crossing rivers, jungle and bordering the main lake of the canal and of course longer in distance, leaving, to the Inter-American Highway about 30 miles west of the city. I plan to do this route in February when the dry season is more established. And the rivers with low flow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts