Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why, oh why, do these little beauties have holes in them???

Is there an affordable aftermarket closed cover anywhere, or do i need to break out the rivet gun and stainless sheet? Is there any reason to leave it open? I can't imagine one.

Anyone else have this problem? Terrible sounds...lol

Attachments

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Why, oh why, do these little beauties have holes in them???

Is there an affordable aftermarket closed cover anywhere, or do i need to break out the rivet gun and stainless sheet? Is there any reason to leave it open? I can't imagine one.

Anyone else have this problem? Terrible sounds...lol
shinyribs,
Q1,
To let the Mud Out!

Q2,
The 1987-1995 not only had closed windows, but had a foam and steel inner panel for "sound deadening". Try e-bay for one.

Q3,
Luckily NOT! Be glad that it didn't spear your ankle. Do you wear Off-road Boots? If not, will you now consider them?

·
Administrator
8,264 Posts
Perhaps Paul can verify this, but I believe that the early KLRs (pre '96) had a cover with no holes in it.

You might find one on e-bay. I don't know if it would fit or not.

Tom

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't wore any MX boots since I was a teenager. I still have my old boots, but I betcha they're hard as a rock by now. I pretty much live in high-laced safety/work boots, but no shin protection, of course. I was just going to check the mail box ( my driveway is half a mile),but decided to take a detour on the way back. This is the second stick I've pulled outta there. I chalked the first one up to a fluke, but I think I'm gonna do something about it now. lol

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
It will definitely fit.....though personally I wouldn't bother; I think you've just been unlucky as I haven't had that happen despite my tendency to ride in some pretty ugly places. If I were you I'd chalk it up to a fluke and move on.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I will admit the first stick that went in was a result of dropping the bike, so not too unusual. Dump your bike, extract foreign objects, check for damage, continue.

The second one caught me by surprise, though. I think it was a projectile launched by a riding buddy. He rides on Trackmasters too, and they really kick up the junk. :)

Thanks for the input, guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts