Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for sale a 2006 KLR with 573 actual miles. The bike is all stock with the exception of the 22 cent mod, and a manual petcock.

Carb has just been rebuilt, gas tank and petcock cleaned and everything works as it should. As can be seen like all KLR's the dark red plastics have faded some. Much of the hardware still has the "brass zinc look".

The bike will need new tires, as these are the originals and are weather checked due to age, but bike was kept indoors. I like the bike, but due to being "height challenged" it is just way too tall for my 5 Ft 5 in legs :)

The bike new was around $5199.00. I am asking $2500.00 OBO for this "almost new" 2006..

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Um. Yeah. The other day when I said I would sell my '11 for a stock Gen 1 in Red. ummm yah. this is what i was talking about. :( Alas, it is a pipe dream. waay down the pipe.

Good luck with the sale.

sre

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
Nice bike and good luck with the sale. For many of us, mint low mileage Gen1's are the "holy grail" of KLR's. Don't let anyone tell you that the bike will be prone to problems due to the age; mileage and condition are all that matter and the concept that a properly stored bike sufferes significant deterioration just from sitting is largely an urban myth.

Here's a pic of my 2000 KLR purchased in 2016 with 577 miles on it. It required a battery and tires....that was it.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Dang, that is a very nice bike.

Two things make me sad, that you have to sell this lovely bike, and that you're not located closer to me :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey DP - You were right, I also listed on Craigslist and checked my email last night, Holy Cow I had 12 or so interested riders. I think it will go fast. Wish all my sale items were this popular :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder that myself. I must had 15 emails on Craigslist and a guy drove 200 miles to buy it. A really nice bike. I guess I should have asked for $3,000 or best, but like I always say what you ask and what you get are two different things. I just sold the bike. Sad to see it go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bike just sold, a guy drove 200 miles to buy it. Wish I had a dozen more, I must have had 14 or so answers to my add on Craigslist.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input, a guy just drove 200 miles to buy it at asking price. Sad to see it go, I really enjoyed being on this forum, a great bunch of guys!

·
Premium Member
6,860 Posts
Thanks for the input, a guy just drove 200 miles to buy it at asking price. Sad to see it go, I really enjoyed being on this forum, a great bunch of guys!
Stick around. One can usually find something of interest to read or start something NEW in the OFF Topic section. I like food!

Whats for Dinner, Lunch or Breakfast ?

Glad that you got a quick sale. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts