Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone help me, im not sure what this is, im suspecting a fuel filter maby? Its on the rigth side

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's no fuel filter, that's my wife! ;)

Pretty sure that isn't a fuel/water seperator either! I've never seen one in real life, but I think you are looking at a classic "Thermo Bob" modification to moderate temperature characteristics. Someone here will tell you everything you need to to do to feed it. Search "Thermo Bob".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! I think i just let it stay on then, i tougth to change it if it was a fuel filter. I migtj just install a fuel filter later then

·
Registered
klr 650 c
160 Posts
Let it stay it just pasess coolant to carb and lets You see its color, it looks like Yor coolant is yellow in color, then again it could be water mixed with rust, change the coolant every two years or so.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
im not sure what this is, im suspecting a fuel filter maby? Its on the rigth side
That is a Coolant Filter & it can be disassembled & cleaned, but not usually necessary.

I migtj just install a fuel filter later then
There are fuel filters Inside the fuel tank, use a flash light to look. But yes you can install an external fuel filter, being certain to use either sintered metal or screen type. Paper filter media may not flow well with gasahol fuels at lower tank levels.

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,179 Posts
EM sells a fuel filter that turns at a right angle under the tank. This is the best configuration IMO. I put them on both of my bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let it stay it just pasess coolant to carb and lets You see its color, it looks like Yor coolant is yellow in color, then again it could be water mixed with rust, change the coolant every two years or so.
Yeah my coolant are acualy red :(

·
Registered
1985 KLR600
104 Posts
Wouldn’t hurt to change the coolent anyway. It breaks down over time and ideally should be replaced every couple years.

I got some stock Kawasaki coolent because of the aluminum block, and also a moto shop once told me it’s also easier on the water pump seals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts