Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first bike and it’s a klr a month ago and while I was driving today it seemed like I ran out of gas so I switched to reserve but then when I filled it up it only took four gallons and I thought it took six. Then about an hour later I was at a stop light and I saw my blinker light flashing really weird and then when I went to accelerate I was on and off losing power and my bike was bucking around. I pulled over and turned it off and then couldn’t get it to turn on or out of first gear. The electronics weren’t lighting up and then when they did I finally got it started and then it died again and then it started and ran completely fine. I have no idea what’s wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Start by telling us more about the bike. What year model? What mileage?
Some year models have known issues and had recalls for electrical harness rubbing through.
Check battery and connections.

·
Premium Member
10,779 Posts
I'll suggest that you probably have Loose battery terminals. Remove the side panels & the seat. Tighten the terminal bolts with a socket wrench. Most people don't have a good enough grip to get them properly tight with just a screwdriver!

Reactions: md68 and Toney

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I'll suggest that you probably have Loose battery terminals. Remove the side panels & the seat. Tighten the terminal bolts with a socket wrench. Most people don't have a good enough grip to get them properly tight with just a screwdriver!
And clean it too.

Reactions: md68
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.