Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I removed the Fuel Tank Vent Seals that are located on the cap. I used the mod that was submitted by KLRCARY. This is a simple mod and the instructions made it easier. I have an inline fuel filter and how full it was would vary from whenever to whenever though it usually was only partially full. After completing the mod I noticed the fuel filter was full. This is good. Tomorrow I will let you know more as I ride some miles. Here are the symptoms KLRCARY mentions in his mod. ?Surging or hesitation at steady throttle, worse at higher speeds. Poor top speed. Seeming to go onto reserve to soon or inconsistency in needing to switch to reserve, running better on a full tank of gas, than it does when at 1/2 or less, and of course hissing or squealing from the fuel tank.? I have experienced all of these symptoms from the day I bought my used KLR. The full fuel filter give me a positive outlook towards the solutions.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: fuel cap mod

harley dog said:
Tim:
Do you have a copy of that post by KLRCary?
harley dog
Go to http://www.klrworld.com/forums and register and go to theh Fuel discussion group. This is another good group with the same persons. Just another place to share KLR information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts