Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2015 KLR650 that I dropped pushing around the garage and put a nice big dent in the tank! A couple of years later I got tired of looking at the dent and bought a "newish" tank on eBay. Today I started to remove the old and install the new and discovered that the old tank has two vents and my "newish" tank only has one. Is it possible to modify my system in some way to use the one vent tank? Thank you, any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After reading a few other discussions here, it seems that I have a California approved tank and my replacement tank is not. Can I just get rid of the California emissions? Is there a delete kit available? I live in New Mexico after all land of the free!

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,454 Posts
After reading a few other discussions here, it seems that I have a California approved tank and my replacement tank is not. Can I just get rid of the California emissions? Is there a delete kit available? I live in New Mexico after all land of the free!
Yes, you can eliminate the CA emissions stuff. Its just a vapor recovery canisterwith some extra plumbing to connect and control it, including a valve behind the coolant reservoir. Search the threads for more info, or one of the other guys who has done it will jump on.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
including a valve behind the coolant reservoir. Search the threads for more info, or one of the other guys who has done it will jump on.
PeteK,
You are confusing the issue by talking about the AIS plumbing which is on ALL 50 state models.

bamr,
Be certain to PLUG the rubber elbow above the battery if you remove the CA evaporative emissions plumbing. You do not want any dust getting into your engine!

Reactions: bamr

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,454 Posts
Paul, you’re correct, as usual—the CA system has the vapor canister and associated plumbing. The AIS is the thingy mounted on the coolant reservoir frame.

However, it makes sense to pull out the AIS too “while you’re in there.” Save a half-pound and one less thing to cause a problem.

“Parts left over are proof that you made it simpler.”

1 - 7 of 7 Posts