Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to replace the stock fuses with ATO fuses. Totally Wired Cycles used to build a kit but I am not sure if she still does. An eBay seller dsmeclipse sells a kit for $30 + $7.50 shipping. Has anyone bought from dsmeclipse? I want to upgrade before wet conditions arrive.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I just bought a few inline fuses and replaced mine. I found a deal at the local flee market and got them for $1. each. You can buy them at wally world, or about any parts store for $2-$4 each. The inline fuses, some shrink tube and a soldering iron can have you going in a short time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tomacity,

TWC is still building the kit. I just installed it one month ago.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DaddyJoe you do keep teh KLR Spirit alive. I like it.

Tazman that is good to know. I will wait for a response from TWC.

The reason for going to a fuse block is simplicity and I will be adding additional elctronic accessories in the future.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just ordered the fuse block from Bentspoke at ADV. I seen it on another bike during my last trip. its extremely well made, with a complete kit that comes to the house. I believe it was five spots for new stuff. mounts behind the rad. resevior.

good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tazman said:
I just ordered the fuse block from Bentspoke at ADV. I seen it on another bike during my last trip. its extremely well made, with a complete kit that comes to the house. I believe it was five spots for new stuff. mounts behind the rad. resevior.

good luck.
I searched ADV and could not find a reference to Bentspoke and fuse blocks. Do you have any information?

·
Registered
153 Posts
stand by I have his email address and contact info, got to find it.

I think I have pics also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did the same thing as Joe - I just put the 3 fuses (after changing to ATO type) under the seat though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Okay folks, back from dinner with the fam.

bentspoke, thats his screen name on ADV. actually that is a cut and past from the site so I didnt get it wrong.

$45 dilivered to your door, priority mail. ( i dont work for him) just like his product. I have bought from him before and its mostly plug and play stuff that is well made. he currently has one in stock, i think.

here is pic of the block. it mounts on the right behind the res. I dont believe this will work if you have an upgraded horn. but havent looked at it that close. I dont have an upgraded horn.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I replaced mine with inline ATO fuses like Joe. I left them under the seat. I also replaced the fan fuse near the reservoir while I had the solering iron out.

I added the headlight relay kit from easternbeaver while I had the whole thing apart. This made a HUGE differnece in the brightness of the headlight. I can't recommend it enough.

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts