Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
8,282 Posts
I read his comment "This is the transmission you need if you also decide to add a kickstarter.", but one has nothing to do with the other.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the clarification/correction, Tom and insan3guy; I parroted the ADV post prose.

I thought a "retro" clutch basket necessary for a kick-starter implant; the KLR600 transmission was a new one on me. I repeated the concept, because: "If it's on the Internet, it must be true!" :)

shinyribs, the KLR600 transmission vendor, once posted on this forum, IIRC.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thanks for the clarification/correction, Tom and insan3guy; I parroted the ADV post prose.

I thought a "retro" clutch basket necessary for a kick-starter implant; the KLR600 transmission was a new one on me. I repeated the concept, because: "If it's on the Internet, it must be true!" :)

shinyribs, the KLR600 transmission vendor, once posted on this forum, IIRC.
Don't blame me! :grin2:

I don't post much after selling my KLR, but I felt my ears burning this morning... :suspicious: lol

·
Registered
529 Posts
I read his comment "This is the transmission you need if you also decide to add a kickstarter.", but one has nothing to do with the other.
Apologies. I never ended up going down this rabbit hole to know first hand. I honestly thought that was the case, from what I remembered. I'm glad you guys cleared that up. I'll go edit that other post now.

Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We miss you, shinyribs!

Nevertheless, good luck on peddling your KLR parts; the KLR600 transmission tempts even ME! :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thanks,man.

I've got a line on another Gen 1 I can get for a $100 with a title. It runs, but the frame is very rusty, to the point I'm not sure I'd trust it. The owner rode it year 'round up North and apparently did not maintain it very well. Because of this, I've been holding on to these parts in case I build another KLR. I miss my KLR. But I don't know what the future will bring, so I'm doing a little early spring cleaning.

·
Administrator
8,282 Posts
Jeepers, I read the posting on ADV and didn't even notice that it was you, shinyribs!

We do miss ya.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts