Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend gave me a hard copy of this so I thought I would paste it here so others could try it.

It has compound words and phrases, like in the bottom corner is NIGHT WATCH MAN. I was told that there is 41 compound words or phrases on the sheet.
I'm at 33 but I just started yesterday.

Have Fun!:46:

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Ouch. My aching head.

Okay. I'm not an english major, actually hate the subject. A compound word being a word made up of two words joined together is abut all I know.

Question is are all the answers made up of using 3 pictures or more or less?

I'm looking at Pipe Line above the example you gave and wondering if it's correct.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
I got three so far:

Pig Backrazor, Safe Cakehands and Bell Butterbutton. Only 30 more to go!
Ummmm, I don't think so unless I'm understanding it wrong.

Remember a compound word is a new (real) word formed from two words.

So your Pig Backrazor should be Razorback Pig.

Butterbutton is not a word, but if you look under the button is a picture of a belly, so, = Bellybutton (compound word).

From the Bell picture go up. Bell+bottom + jeans = Bellbottom (compound word) jeans.

Wow this coming from a guy that failed english in high school.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Ummmm, I don't think so unless I'm understanding it wrong.

Remember a compound word is a new (real) word formed from two words.

So your Pig Backrazor should be Razorback Pig.

Butterbutton is not a word, but if you look under the button is a picture of a belly, so, = Bellybutton (compound word).

From the Bell picture go up. Bell+bottom + jeans = Bellbottom (compound word) jeans.

Wow this coming from a guy that failed english in high school.
Well, hell. I guess I'll have to scratch Ship Collarshoe, Hair Camelbox and Couch Quarterlight off my "found" list.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
What is the bottom middle picture?
At first I thought it was "wig" but can't come up with anything else that word would work with. Best I can come up with is maybe it's "star" (as in a movie star putting on a wig?) and the thing to the left of it is a rock. Rock star? I think my "movie star" idea is kind of stretching it and I'm grasping at straws, here.

What's the goofy-looking guy to her upper right?

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
I'm going with roll and was going with wig but now saying wig = head and dress is next to it so

head+dress=headdress (compound word)

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Well, hell. I guess I'll have to scratch Ship Collarshoe, Hair Camelbox and Couch Quarterlight off my "found" list.
OMG You Guys are KILLING me!!:10::10::10::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
Keep it up!
justjeff

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
If up on the left is Archie could the other be a persons name? Who?
Could be. The pictures could be drawn that way intentionally, but I'd say based on the "graphics," this thing is about 50 years old. Still entertaining, though.

·
Administrator
8,374 Posts
Doubt it.

Camera phone.

T

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
If up on the left is Archie could the other be a persons name? Who?
Which picture you referring too. Every time I look I see something new on this.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Archie Bunker 9 down & 3 right would be Archie Comic Book
Now picture bottom middle am still trying to figure what this should be?

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Between the wife and I we have actually found 43 but are not sure if they are all correct although we think so. What's confusing is that we have found a couple of phrases which do not contain a compound word and it would seem that every answer should have a compound word but.... If we take out the phrase we have 42 compound word phrases.

Phrase is: Heads Will Roll

There are a few pictures we haven't used such as:

A-4, C-10, E-10, E-11, I-9 and if we take out Heads Will Roll, D-10, D-11.

We are using this definition for compound:

Compound words are made by putting two words together to form another word with a different meaning. Two common compound words are "handshake" and "lawsuit." Compound words sometimes need hyphens, as in "able-bodied" or "three-legged."

·
Registered
59 Posts
The third row down, from the middle to the right, I got "Armchair Quarterback and Back-hair", it sounds like they are talking about me!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts