Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I knew gas was coming down. The reason is we have been parked in the motorhome for the past couple months. Look out in March when we start rolling again.
I told some RV friends it would be below $2 back in Sept when we committed to be parked at Branson for 4-6 weeks, and then Bushnell Fl from Nov.-March.
And to top it off FL will have a record cold winter because we are here.LOL

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah I'm really glad I just traded my premium guzzling sports car in on a Hybrid. My justification for buying it is completely gone (tho I'm sure prices will come back up eventually). I guess its good I got it when gas was $3.50/gal.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Yeah I'm really glad I just traded my premium guzzling sports car in on a Hybrid. My justification for buying it is completely gone (tho I'm sure prices will come back up eventually). I guess its good I got it when gas was $3.50/gal.
I have a hunch that the gas prices will return, slowly.. Keep the Hybrid, if you like it.. We'll be back to $3 gas, soon enough..:mad0235:

·
Registered
815 Posts
The longer it stays this low the more mileage it takes on the replacement vehicles for sure. At $1.80 vs $4.00 it more then doubles the replacement mileage required to make up the price difference. Even at $4 a KLR needs to travel 530 miles to make up $100 of it's price. At $1.80 it now requires a KLR to travel almost 1200 miles to make up $100. This is based on 15/mpg vehicle and 50/mpg KLR. Consider insurance at approx. $200/year, that's 2400 miles just to make up the insurance cost every year.

I never intended my KLR to be anything other then recreation so please oh please let the gas prices continue to drop!!

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
That's awesome...the prices in California are still over $2.40 a gallon. They need to get back down to $1.25 a gallon before I feel that the greedy people have learned their lesson.

I wish I still lived in NC sometimes.....:(

When I bought my car in 2003 I filled my tank for $16.00 total. My car has a 12 gallon tank.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
That's awesome...the prices in California are still over $2.40 a gallon. They need to get back down to $1.25 a gallon before I feel that the greedy people have learned their lesson.

I wish I still lived in NC sometimes.....:(
I bought gas last week in Laurinburg, NC for $1.85.. :) Unfortunately, it was for a rental car, not a motorcycle.. Weather was perfect for bikes, and nobody was riding..

Now I'm home.. Gas is $1.91 and I'm riding my Wing to work tomorrow and it'll be around 20 degrees F..

Where's my heated vest???:character00201:

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I bought gas last week in Laurinburg, NC for $1.85.. :) Unfortunately, it was for a rental car, not a motorcycle.. Weather was perfect for bikes, and nobody was riding..

:character00201:
Thanks for making me feel better, Paper.:21a:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Thanks for making me feel better, Paper.:21a:
I suppose it's 75 and sunny at your house, isn't it?? I think it's supposed to get UP to 29 tomorrow around here..

But, the roads are clean (no salt) and I wanna ride!!!:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a hunch that the gas prices will return, slowly.. Keep the Hybrid, if you like it.. We'll be back to $3 gas, soon enough..:mad0235:
Yeah its not going anywhere, but i did see gas at $1.55 at a walmart in north little rock yesterday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts