Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Gas Gauge

Tags
gas tank
6K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Ranger Ron 
#1 ·
Can I put a gas gauge on my klr 650 it's a 2012??

#14 ·
I try to ride down into the reserve fuel position almost every time. Of course I do use the OEM fuel tap with 1 gallon of reserve.

This serves 2 purposes.
#1, It keeps the face of the selector handle from adhering/sticking to face of the 4 holed selector gasket, which can cause the selector gasket to tear when you finally must use reserve. That torn crumb of rubber can flow down the fuel line & jam the float needle open. Unless an in-line fuel filter has been installed.

#2, It keeps me from forgetting that the fuel handle needs to point Forward for more Go. On smooth highways, I almost always feel the first 2 stutters of the engine and can get switched with barely any slow down.

Reactions: Vgraf
#17 ·
Welcome Back Ranger Ron!!

Any chance that your older Threads & postings have had their pics restored? :)
Thanks!

The pics in the threads were on an image hosting site that went away. I still have my copies of the pics, though.

The reason I haven't been around is that my bike was totaled. The quick story: I was stopped at a two lane highway waiting to turn left in a left turn lane. For some reason, an on-coming car crossed over into my lane and hit me essentially head on.

Ron

Reactions: Tym
#19 ·
Wow, that is sad to hear about totaling your bike. But I'm glad to read that they didn't total You.
That had to be scary. Hopefully you are fully recovered?

For the benefit of the OP, he can read about your work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.