Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got 2008 klr650 that needs a little work.i was looking into replacing the doohickey.looking at the engine cover I can see a small ridge of gasket sealer on the seem.does the stock gasket have any sealer on it,or has the cover been off before? should I just go ahead and remove the cover and check the doohickey anyway?i think already know the answer just thought I`d ask.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I would say if you see gasket sealant already I would bet the cover has been off for some reason or other. I personally would still look into the engine to see what has been done, just for my own curiosity. Plus you may also find why it may have been a cheap purchase IF it was.
Just saying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually it was very good deal.it had a broken kick stand switch.the guy selling it didn`t want to to have it checked.needs oil change tires ,chain and sprockets.road it yesterday for the 1st time and it ran good.not bad for a 1,700 bike.

·
Lifetime Member
2,482 Posts
actually it was very good deal.it had a broken kick stand switch.the guy selling it didn`t want to to have it checked.needs oil change tires ,chain and sprockets.road it yesterday for the 1st time and it ran good.not bad for a 1,700 bike.
$1700 is a dynamite deal! I forsee many happy miles in your future :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts