Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 klr, its 200 miles a tank normal, she runs nice and smooth i am doing mostly city driving, by the way Iam new to bikes and klr's

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
200 miles to reserve is very normal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mileage

That is probably normal for your type of riding. My 12 has an after market muffler and jet kit. It goes to reserve at about 210 miles of mostly highway and gravel/graded dirt riding. Have fun.

·
Registered
30 Posts
im 6ft 270lbs and get 220ish with my 08 before reserve usually. and i jam through the gears until i hit cruise speed, usually average 50mph indicated. i have had 14t 15t and 16t front sprockets on the front and between the 3 theres only a few mpg difference with in town driving. I just hit 222mi with my 14t yesterday. don't know if that was cause different filler up station or the chevron additive, who knows.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts

·
Banned
277 Posts
I'm about 180 pounds, mixed highway and suburban stop and go driving (with not too many stops), and get about 220 miles before reaching reserve on my '09.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm 6'4", 245lbs, and have an '08 with a 16t countersprocket. I get 236 - 245 miles before going to reserve. I have kept detailed records since I purchased the bike in July 2012, 10,000 miles ago. To the best of my knowledge, the 16t sprocket is the only mod to the bike.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Just to show how widely they can vary. I am 6'2", 220. I can make it to 200 miles on a good day before reserve. I always fill up at 190. I have hit reserve at 190, too, hence the fill up ritual. The tube length, the way you ride...there are lots of variables.

If you really want to put your mind at ease... I don't do math, but when I hit reserve, I put in about 4-4.5 gallons of gas. That's not a lot considering the size of the tank. That means my reserve is pretty large, though. So that's good. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts