Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an after market option or possibly a stock option that dosent have the green tint on it. Also is it possible to get the stock needles off without pulling the whole shaft they are attached to? The KPH only gauge dosent appear to have a green tint in the videos i saw online can any one verify? Ty for any information. 2015 if it makes any difference.

·
Administrator
3,768 Posts
TrailTech Vapour seems to be a popular after market option. Us3 the forum search. There should be some info on it. Don’t think that you can easily pull the needles off of the shafts. Why would you want to do that? Not sure what you mean about green tint. Is that coming from the lighting? Maybe some bulbs got changed in there.

Reactions: pdwestman

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TrailTech Vapour seems to be a popular after market option. Us3 the forum search. There should be some info on it. Don’t think that you can easily pull the needles off of the shafts. Why would you want to do that? Not sure what you mean about green tint. Is that coming from the lighting? Maybe some bulbs got changed in there.
On the stock gauge face there is a green tint applied under the paint so that most of the numbers and such have a green hue to them when you shine a white light through it. The reason you pull the needles is so when you swap out the gauges you can easily remove the stepper motors from the gauge assembly / face plate. The stock bulbs were white and the tint is green but i personally prefer amber backlighting so i changed to amber bulbs but the amber bulbs plus green tint make the numbers and such have more of a brown coloration and i would like to change that : ) Ive searched a few different companys that make face plates but nothing so far for the gen 2 klr or people just showing how to swap to colored led's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts