Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the light in gauge lights with LEDs. There are two sizes though the only information I have is Kawasaki's info. There are two small bulbs and four large bulbs.
Small = 92069A - Bulb, 12v 1.7w, T6.5
Large = 92069 - Bulb, 12v 3.4w, T10

What are these known as in the real world? I am planning on ordering them from Super Bright LEDs http://www.superbrightleds.com/ . Are there any other suggestions? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
What size are the instrument bulbs?
Turn signal and neutral lights are #24; the hi-beam and three gage illumination bulbs are #194. To change these, you don't have to remove the instrument cluster; you just pull out the rubber "socket," and the bulb will be in it.

I got this off the FAQ. I hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Daddyjoe said:
What size are the instrument bulbs?
Turn signal and neutral lights are #24; the hi-beam and three gage illumination bulbs are #194. To change these, you don't have to remove the instrument cluster; you just pull out the rubber "socket," and the bulb will be in it.
I got this off the FAQ. I hope it helps.
I looked at the bulbs closely and saw the stock bulbs are #158 and not #194. I believe they do the same thing and fir the same socket but they are differen numbers. Can't find anything for a #24.

I am trying to reduce the wattage use and this is one way to do it. I already have a LED tail light.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'd suggest only replace the indicator lights. Leave the turn signal indicators alone, you would have to add a circuit for those to work with LEDs since they are polarity sensitive which the incandescent lights aren't. Plus the turn signal indicators are on so rarely you really won't save much replacing them...Doug

·
Registered
562 Posts
Just popped in my bulbs that I ordered from SuperbrightLEDs. Very fast shipping and the quality looks great. Much, MUCH better than that crap from Hong Kong I got off of Ebay. So I swapped out the dash back lighting bulbs and the tail light. Here are the pics:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Tail light:

It really is quite bright:

and an added benefit to this, when I was replacing the instrument bulbs, I found a clump of wiring that had some of the insulation rubbed partly through. Would not have thought to look behind the dash for that issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts