Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was offered a sweet deal on a c50 from my brother. I was going to keep both the c50 and the klr but then I got to thinking. My 19yr old son could really benefit from that bike. He had a 1993 ex500 with about 46k km on it. I have done a lot to my klr this year. So I figured I would do the right thing and gift it to the boy. I am 6’1” and my son is about 5’9 or 5’10. So today I lowered the bike 1.5 inches. All our bikes have always been registered to me for Insurance purposes. So the bike stays in the family. He’s pretty pumped and well I am too. We sold the ex500 for next to nothing. It was in need of a lot of cosmetic work. We weren’t worried about him dumping it because the faring was shot anyways. So all said and done I still have access to my klr, if he decides to get rid of it I will gladly take it back. I will still be doing all the maintenance and he has a really good bike. It’s a win win

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the boy took the KLR officially yesterday. He still has some height issues but with 1 foot in the brake he can be flat footed with the other on the ground. He was really happy. We went out for a couple hours. He had never ridden anything like this before so we did some city riding, twisty riding and highway riding. We have helmet Bluetooth comms. He kept saying how he couldn’t get over who well it handled bumps and how smooth it shifts. The banjo bolts finally arrived so we will be doing that mod this week. When I say we i mean me with an audience😂.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts