Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on my website, www.klrcountry.org, today. Lots of equipment and gear research to be posted. Still not 100% on some gear to use. Questions on body armor and boots.
What brands are best with reasonable pricing. My daughter will need to actually try on gear and see what she likes best. Being female extra consideration needs to be given regarding fit. We will be on the trail for three weeks. All gear will be test thoroughly before departure. If anyone has suggestions please post or email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great idea.
I have a very hard time finding gear that fits - I've got long arms and legs. I have found that Olympia makes their pants with an "easy hem" for shorter legged ladies to easily have them altered. Kinda like Chaps. They have a side zipper that goes almost the full length of the outseam and velco for the remaining 6 or 7 inches to the ankle. Looking at the pants from a seamstress perspective, it wouldn't take much time to shorten them at all.

What I like is they are an acceptable length from the git go - they could be another inch longer, but I'm not complaining. At least when I'm in the riding position, there isn't a gap between my boots and my pants now! ; )

I've got their Mustang Jacket & Pants as well as their Air Glide II Jacket & Pants. I've been "divesting" myself of my other riding gear as a result. I've been using the Air Glide set more, as they have a cool weather liner for the pants and jacket. When it's really cold (under 40* - remember I'm in Texas) I wear a pair of jeans under the pants and a good fleece sweatshirt under the jacket and I'm pretty toasty.

I haven't done it yet, but I'm sure I could wear my rain suit over the whole thing and have another layer. However, until I get my heated grips installed and find a way to keep my feet warm, that won't be necessary. My hands and feet are the first thing to go numb and that will stop me in a hurry.

Reactions: Rowen_1
1 - 3 of 3 Posts