Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I did it, finally. I ordered a front and rear set of SS brake lines from klr650.com. Advertised as Edelbrock but showed up labeled Russell with a Edelbrock name on the back of the package. The front fit perfectly and I filled it with Motul 600. Bled it out , all good.
The rear line they sent me is too short and will not work on a gen 3. I asked when I ordered and they stated it would work but nope. 2" too short. The gen 3 swingarm is 2" longer, go figure. I reached out to them to start a return. I'll need to wait for Galfer to bring one to market. I believe they are finalizing it now. It's 100 degrees here so I'll test the front brakes tomorrow and follow up. I already lost 5lbs in sweat so I'm done for the night.

·
Registered
2022 klr, lava pearl, medium tusk panniers, thermobob, happy trails upper and lower crash bars.
7 Posts
Interested to see what you think about it, I'd definitely like to do stainless on the rear just for the fact that it looks like it could get snagged/rubbed at some point.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I tried to use the Edelbrock rears installed exactly how yours in the picture but they are at least 1 1/2" short. I'll take a rear line now if you know where? Gen 3 non abs model. It appears Galfer has them ready to go on their site but it won't move to the shopping cart. Galfer, take my money, please! 😉
The front fit good.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Update:
I called Galfer and ordered the rear. All good now! Apparently there was just a website glitch and they fixed it when I called.
NICE!

Notice the clamp at the rear caliper mounting point: It's part of the kit and makes the line fit PERFECT!

The lines in the pics are the prototypes. The lines you get might be lightly longer/different...but...if there's ANY changes? It was only to make them fit even better!

I think they used Motul DOT 5 fluid...? All I know is the brakes fell WAY better and the rear is identical to the rear on my CRF-RL/Xs.

They ARE making rotors...including a HUGE front!

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I called the Galfer tech number and they said the rear line is 30". The Russell is 25" so 30 should work good. Says 2 day shipping but I'm heading out of town Friday afternoon for 10 days with the bike soooo. If they arrive before 4pm Friday, I'll take it with and install it while I'm up north. Thanks for the heads up on this.
I plan to use Motul 600 DOT 4.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Galfer lines are made to order so it won't be here for a week or so. No biggie. I'm sure they will be producing a bunch to sell wholesale soon. I wanted to mention it incase anyone else orders them now expecting it to ship same day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts