Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Get ‘em while their hot! Out of all the available crash bars, I feel this brand looks the best.
I’ve been patiently waiting a friggin year for these to finally become available :rolleyes:

Hopefully they have the same build quality as the gen 2 Tusk CB’s. I remember those suckers being indestructible on my previous 2018 KLR.
Order placed. Cheers fellas!

Reactions: OCL

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Edited. Thank you!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Oh yeah that looks good.

How can it be "only" $209? Is that Canadian dollars? ;)

This one is properly triangulated, and it uses only the OEM mounting points. Should spread vibration equally, and properly brace for impact.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I’ve been very impressed with Tusk products in the past….although their QC department seems to be hit & miss on occasion.
Most recently, my Tusk pannier boxes had minor blemishes in the powder coating. RMATV was quick to send me a new set.
QC might be just shy of perfect, but durability & price point are well within ✅

Should receive the CB’s in a couple days. Now I can finally take this pig on some serious trails without having to worry about dumping it.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
“Must remove Kawasaki Frame Sliders and Light Bar for fitment on Adventure models.”

…well that sucks a big one.
Yes, this does blow for the riding community that owns adventure models.
The cheap OEM tupperware panniers & camo coloring weren’t a major selling point for me, so I opted for the base model. Plus, I let the wife pick out the color. Lava orange it was….even tho I wanted the khaki :/

·
Registered
2022 KLR Adv Non-ABS
20 Posts
I would’ve chosen khaki if I had bought new. I luckily found an ADV model with a few miles for the price of a base so that’s the route I went. I do love the 3DCycleParts pannier plates for soft bags that clip right onto the ADV saddlebag bars. So far, I’m liking the R&G Racing crash bars the best but they’re not being released until September.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Received the Tusk CB’s in less than 48 hours. Install took 20min, and everything lined up perfectly. These bars are very stout. Instructions were very clear and that’s a wrap folks!

Compared to dirttracks CB’s, I feel these ones look 10x better. Well worth the 11 month wait, not to mention “the price is right”.
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered a set a few nights ago when I saw this post. Had been waiting for them to come back in stock and didn't see the email. They came yesterday and I'm installing today. I have the pannier racks and they are great. Skid Plate and Fog lights are next on my list.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ordered a set a few nights ago when I saw this post. Had been waiting for them to come back in stock and didn't see the email. They came yesterday and I'm installing today. I have the pannier racks and they are great. Skid Plate and Fog lights are next on my list.
RMATV said they would notify me once they became available to purchase. They never did.
Checked their website every day for 11 months, waiting patiently for these to hit the market. Patience is a virtue….I guess!

·
Registered
2022 KLR adventure abs w/12v and usb
91 Posts
I dont think kawi fog lights will work with this cage. You have a different set of lights in mind?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, this does blow for the riding community that owns adventure models.
The cheap OEM tupperware panniers & camo coloring weren’t a major selling point for me, so I opted for the base model. Plus, I let the wife pick out the color. Lava orange it was….even tho I wanted the khaki :/
I got the adventure model for the lights and usb plus cig lighter port. The dealer had two options for me to order. Adventure or super base kahki with no abs. The rubbermaid totes dont seem to bad to get me started as a noob. Might be more picky as experience grows.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I got the adventure model for the lights and usb plus cig lighter port. The dealer had two options for me to order. Adventure or super base kahki with no abs. The rubbermaid totes dont seem to bad to get me started as a noob. Might be more picky as experience grows.
You will appreciate the OEM lower crash bars and upper crash bars if/when you hit the ground off road. But those big-ass auxiliary lights will hate you and break away. The plastic bags won't survive well either....it may or may not but they're known to break easy in an off road crash.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You will appreciate the OEM lower crash bars and upper crash bars if/when you hit the ground off road. But those big-ass auxiliary lights will hate you and break away. The plastic bags won't survive well either....it may or may not but they're known to break easy in an off road crash.
Oh im lookin to wipe out im sure of it. I live in rural America and not fsr from several trailheads. Thats why i chose this bike. I dont plan to leave the bags on for dirt riding but i will use them for road commute to work. The fogs and protection, i may have an idea, as a mechanic and welder, i dont think it will be real hard.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can someone confirm if these Tusk bars bolt to the bike in the center above the front fender or are they floating across?

They are bolted at the center joining point, using the supplied bracket that comes with it (y)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts